Logical Data Modeling Training Course
Mapping & Analyzing Data-Oriented Business Rules
Logical Data Modeling Training Overview
Logical Data Modeling is an essential component of professional business analysis. Logical data modeling is often mistaken for database design. However, logical data modeling is the foundation for excellence in business analysis, business systems analysis and business intelligence requirements analysis.
Inteq’s Logical Data Modeling training course provides the basis for understanding the complex moving parts of an organization - its data-oriented business rules - the foundation for precision and agility in requirements analysis.
Business terminology embodies an organization’s business concepts, rules and underlying relationships. These concepts, rules and relationships form a body of knowledge called “data-oriented business rules.”
In most organizations, data-oriented business rules live as tribal knowledge, informally, in the minds of the people doing the essential day-to-day work of the organization.
However, these informal rules unofficially govern how organizations operate and how decisions are made. These rules are surprisingly vague and ambiguous; they are rarely subject to critical analysis. Yet, these rules are the basis for articulating business system requirements that are equally vague and ambiguous.
Vague, ambiguous, incomplete, incorrect, inflexible, missing business rules result in:
• Systems that are ridged and rapidly become obsolete and ineffective.
• Non-productive time spent on “work-arounds” to compensate for lack of functionality.
• Business processes that are cumbersome and inflexible.
• Costly, inflexible and maintenance-intensive information systems; systems, that even after significant
investment, still do not deliver the necessary functionality.
That’s truly unfortunate because there is a clear path to getting the requirements right. Based on decades of experience, Inteq has uncovered and refined the foundational patterns of data-oriented business rules. Participants in Inteq's Logical Data Modeling training course utilize these patterns to rapidly discover, critically analyze and precisely specify data-oriented business rules via entity relationship (ER) diagrams.
Inteq's Logical Data Modeling results in the specification of data-oriented business rules that:
• Are thorough, clear and accurate. Data-oriented business rules that fully support business
and user requirements.
• Scale to support the enterprise. Data-oriented business rules are often more complex at the
enterprise level than they initially appear at the departmental or business unit level.
• Enable organizational agility. Rules that can adapt and evolve over time. Data-oriented
business rules that transcend specific project solutions to seamlessly adapt to future requirements
as the organization evolves.
• Support business intelligence. Data-oriented business rules must be thorough and accurate to
enable effective tactical and strategic decisions.
Inteq's Logical Data Modeling training course has emerged as the gold standard for professional-level logical data modeling training - and are simply the most effective logical data modeling training course available in the industry.
Inteq's Logical Data Modeling training course is more than education; it's transformation - for the participants, project teams and their organizations.
That’s why over 300,000 business and IT professionals worldwide choose Inteq's business analysis training courses - Including Inteq's Logical Data Modeling training course.
Key Data Modeling Techniques that You Will Learn:
• Critical thinking skills to cut through superficial and ambiguous discussions to distill core business concepts.
• To recognize recurring patterns of data-oriented business rules to improve the quality and speed of analysis.
• Techniques that enable thorough analysis of complex business rules and validation of complex requirements.
• To create a precise, common vocabulary that is consistent among business end-users, analysts, IT professionals and other stakeholders, across the organization.
• To developed clear, precise entity-relationship (ER) diagrams that capture and specify virtually any set of data-oriented business rules.
... and much more
Inteq's Logical Data Modeling is a highly interactive high-energy training program. It’s specifically designed to enable you and your organization to succeed in today's rapidly changing, complex chaotic business environment.
The concepts and content of this course are based on years of best practices gleaned from thousands of business analysis interactions across the spectrum of industries and subject matter domains across the commercial and public sectors. It’s your roadmap for developing enterprise-level professional skills.
Participants in Inteq's Logical Data Modeling training receive a comprehensive course workbook, supplemental materials, and a personalized Certificate of Completion indicating CEU (continuing education unit) credits awarded.
What is the Next Step?
Inteq's business and systems analysis training courses are available via Anytime eLearning™ and private group training onsite at your locations worldwide or via our live virtual classroom.
Register and start training as soon as today! Or, contact us for details at email@example.com or 800.719.4627 to discuss your business analysis training objectives and how Inteq's Business Systems Analysis training can help you in achieving those objectives.
Logical Data Modeling | Advanced Data Modeling | Requirements Management | Effective Business Cases
| Change Management | Soft Skills | BA Boot Camp
Learning & Development Home