Business Systems Analysis Training Course
Defining Business and User Requirements | IIBA Endorsed
Download Overview and Outline PDF
Inteq's Business Systems Analysis Training Course
Business Systems Analysis
Inteq's Business Systems Analysis training course provides the critical thinking skills, conceptual knowledge and best practice techniques to rapidly discover, thoroughly analyze and accurately specify business and user requirements.
Inteq's Business Systems Analysis is about business requirements - from a business perspective - and is seamlessly integrated and cohesively organized around Inteq's model-driven analysis framework for delivering agility, precision and consistency in business and systems analysis.
Until now, text oriented analysis (bullet lists, indented outlines, etc.) prevailed as the primary technique to identify, analyze and specify business system requirements. Text oriented analysis, however, is resource intensive. It often lacks standardization, depth and precision.
Some organizations have attempted to adapt technical design methods (class diagrams, object interaction diagrams, etc) to business systems analysis. Technical design methods intimidate and alienate the business community. As a result, stakeholders disconnect from the analysis process.
These approaches fail to deliver. In today’s fast moving, highly competitive, complex business environment organizations can no longer afford the costly mistakes, operational inefficiencies and lost opportunities that result from superficial analysis and ambiguous requirements.
Inteq’s model driven analysis approach and best practice methods utilize a cohesive set of intuitive business oriented visual diagrams (e.g. process maps, activity diagrams, etc.) to rapidly identify, critically analyze and clearly specify forward facing business and business systems requirements. The result: breakthrough speed, accuracy and depth of business systems analysis. [Read More]
Business Systems Analysis training transforms business analysts and business systems analysts into high-impact professionals; professionals that connect with business end users, uncover and rapidly assimilate deep business knowledge, and critically analyze and transform that knowledge into thorough, precise unambiguous business and user requirements.
Inteq's Business Systems Analysis training course has emerged as the gold standard for professional business systems analysis training - and is simply the most effective business analysis training available in the industry.
Inteq Business Systems Analysis is more than education; its transformation - for the participants, project teams and their organizations. That’s why over 300,000 business and systems analysis professionals worldwide choose Inteq's business analysis training courses and Inteq's Business Systems Analysis training course.
Key Business Analysis Skills and Techniques that You will Learn:
• The 5 types of business requirements that form the foundation for business analysis
• Engage business users, subject matter experts and stakeholder in the analysis process
• Surface “hidden” business requirements
• Specific questions that elicit deep business knowledge
• Specify precise unambiguous business requirements
• Analyze business requirements 360º to ensure thorough analysis
• Identify and validate complex business scenarios
• Leverage analysis resources and business knowledge across the enterprise
• Business analysis best practice techniques
• ... and much more
Inteq's Business Systems Analysis is a highly interactive high-energy training program. It’s specifically designed to enable you and your organization to succeed in today's rapidly changing, complex chaotic business environment.
The concepts and content of this course are based on years of best practices gleaned from thousands of business analysis interactions across the spectrum of industries and subject matter domains across the commercial and public sectors. It’s your roadmap for developing enterprise-level professional skills.
Participants in Inteq's Business Systems Analysis training receive a comprehensive course workbook, supplemental materials, and a personalized Certificate of Completion indicating CEU (continuing education unit) credits awarded.
What is the Next Step?
Inteq's Business Systems Analysis training course is available via open enrollment (traditional classroom, live virtual classroom and eLearning) at scheduled dates / locations across the U.S., Canada and the U.K. and private group training onsite at your locations worldwide or via our live virtual classroom.
Register early to secure your spot!
Contact us for details at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800.719.4627 to discuss your business analysis training objectives and how Inteq's Business Systems Analysis training can help you in achieving those objectives.
Click for: Dates & Locations | Registration & Tuition Options
|Download the Whitepaper as a PDF|
Business Analyst Best Practices
The Five Essential Business Analysis Questions for:
Business Requirements | Business System Requirements | Functional Requirements
This six-page whitepaper presents the five essential
business analysis questions that:
• Deeply engage stakeholders in analysis
• Challenge legacy business rules and requirements
• Enable agile forward facing requirements analysis
• Form the basis for effective change management
• Applies critical thinking to business analysis
• Result in consistent analysis across the organization
James Proctor overviews several key concepts of Inteq’s Business Systems Analysis training course in this 3 minute video segment.
Business Systems Analysis
Training Course Outline
Business Analysis Definition
• Top 3 business analysis best practices
• Business vs. functional requirements
• 10 myths of requirements analysis
• Model-driven analysis
Gathering Business Requirements
• The 5 types of business and user requirements
• Rapid identification of baseline requirements
• Anchoring and validating baseline requirements
• Applying critical thinking to baseline requirements
Business Requirements Analysis
• Activity diagramming and the interaction
flow of events
• Identifying and analyzing alternative and
• Analyzing deep requirements via scenario
• Defining forward facing “to-be” functionality
Business Rules & Information Requirements
• Transactional versus information requirements
• Deconstructing business terms and concepts
• Discovering and analyzing business facts
• Capturing business rules & info requirements
State Transition Diagrams & Analysis
• Using state transition for 360º analysis
• Discovering and analyzing attributes
• Asking the right business intelligence questions
• Business reporting and metrics
Business Requirements Specification
• The visual model use-case approach
• Specifying requirements via use-cases
• Distilling recurring functionality
• Forming test cases from use-cases
• Managing requirements
Business Requirements Management
• Applying analysis to new development,
modifications and commercial products
• Utilizing agile, rapid and iterative analysis
• Leveraging analysis via reference models
• Getting started Monday morning
Who Should Attend?
Inteq's Business Systems Analysis training course is designed for Business Analysts, Systems Analysts, Project Managers, IT Professionals, Subject Matter Experts and Business Users actively involved in discovering, analyzing and specifying business and user requirements.
Inteq's Business Systems Analysis training course provides a comprehensive and cohesive approach to systems analysis regardless of background and level of experience.
Business Systems Analysis is designed as a precursor to and seamlessly integrates with Inteq’s Business Process Management, Agile Business Analysis and Logical Data Modeling training courses.
• Anytime eLearning: $895 per participant.
9 eLearning modules - anytime, anywhere,
• Live Virtual classroom: $1,295 per participant.
Three consecutive days (3 partial days that
together equal 2 full days).
• Traditional Classroom: $1,495 per participant.
Two consecutive full days (8:30a to 4:30p).
Scheduled across the U.S. and U.K.
• Onsite Training: Onsite at your locations
worldwide or via our live virtual classroom.
Participants in Live Virtual training, Traditional Classroom training and Onsite training also have access, upon completion of the class, to the Anytime eLearning version of the course for 30 days.
This enables participants to go back and review the material at their own pace and time schedule to reinforce and further internalize the concepts.
Read More regarding learning and tuition options
Training Voucher Packages: Inteq’s training voucher packages provide a flexible cost-effective approach to individual and team training across learning methods and participants across the organization. See registration page for details.
Upcoming Live Classes
Live Virtual Classroom
Class Registration | Tuition Option Info | Complete Schedule | Dates & Locations | Tuition Packages | On-Site Training