Business Systems Analysis Training Course
Defining Business and User Requirements | IIBA Endorsed
Download Overview and Outline PDF
Inteq's Business Systems Analysis Training Course
Business Systems Analysis
Training Course Overview
Inteq's Business Systems Analysis training course provides the critical thinking skills, conceptual knowledge and best practice techniques to rapidly discover, thoroughly analyze and accurately specify business and user requirements.
Inteq's Business Systems Analysis is about business requirements - from a business perspective - and is seamlessly integrated and cohesively organized around Inteq's model-driven analysis framework for delivering agility, precision and consistency in business and systems analysis.
Until now, text oriented analysis (bullet lists, indented outlines, etc.) prevailed as the primary technique to identify, analyze and specify business system requirements. Text oriented analysis, however, is resource intensive. It often lacks standardization, depth and precision.
Some organizations have attempted to adapt technical design methods (class diagrams, object interaction diagrams, etc) to business systems analysis. Technical design methods intimidate and alienate the business community. As a result, stakeholders disconnect from the analysis process.
These approaches fail to deliver. In today’s fast moving, highly competitive, complex business environment organizations can no longer afford the costly mistakes, operational inefficiencies and lost opportunities that result from superficial analysis and ambiguous requirements.
Inteq's Business Systems Analysis training transforms business analysts and business systems analysts into high-impact professionals; professionals that connect with business end users, uncover and rapidly assimilate deep business knowledge, and critically analyze and transform that knowledge into thorough, precise unambiguous business and user requirements.
Key Business Analysis Skills and Techniques that You will Learn:
• The 5 types of business requirements that form the foundation for business analysis
• Engage business users, subject matter experts and stakeholder in the analysis process
• Surface “hidden” business requirements
• Specific questions that elicit deep business knowledge
• Specify precise unambiguous business requirements
• Analyze business requirements 360º to ensure thorough analysis
• Identify and validate complex business scenarios
• Leverage analysis resources and business knowledge across the enterprise
• Business analysis best practice techniques
• ... and much more
Inteq's Business Systems Analysis training course has emerged as the gold standard for professional business systems analysis training - and is simply the most effective business analysis training available in the industry.
Inteq Business Systems Analysis is more than education; its transformation - for the participants, project teams and their organizations.
That’s why over 300,000 business and systems analysis professionals worldwide choose Inteq's business analysis training courses and Inteq's Business Systems Analysis training course.
Participants in Inteq's Business Systems Analysis training course receive a comprehensive course workbook, supplemental materials, and a personalized Certificate of Completion indicating CEU (continuing education unit) credits awarded.
What is the Next Step?
Inteq's Business Systems Analysis training course is available via open enrollment (traditional classroom and eLearning via our live virtual classroom) at scheduled dates / locations across the U.S., Canada and the U.K. and on-site at your locations worldwide.
Register early to secure your spot!
Contact us for details at email@example.com or 800.719.4627 to discuss your business analysis training objectives and how Inteq's Business Systems Analysis training can help you in achieving those objectives.
Click for: Dates & Locations | Registration & Tuition Options
Inteq Professional Business Analysis Training Courses
Business Systems Analysis
| Agile Business Analysis
Business Process Modeling | Business Process Management | Developing Effective Business Cases
Logical Data Modeling | Advanced Data Modeling | Big Data Business Requirements
| Business Analysis Training Academy Home |
Business Systems Analysis
Training Course Outline
Business Analysis Definition
• Top 3 business analysis best practices
• Business vs. functional requirements
• 10 myths of requirements analysis
• Model-driven analysis
Gathering Business Requirements
• The 5 types of business and user requirements
• Rapid identification of baseline requirements
• Anchoring and validating baseline requirements
• Applying critical thinking to baseline requirements
Business Requirements Analysis
• Activity diagramming and the interaction
flow of events
• Identifying and analyzing alternative and
• Analyzing deep requirements via scenario
• Defining forward facing “to-be” functionality
Business Rules & Information Requirements
• Transactional versus information requirements
• Deconstructing business terms and concepts
• Discovering and analyzing business facts
• Capturing business rules & info requirements
State Transition Diagrams & Analysis
• Using state transition for 360º analysis
• Discovering and analyzing attributes
• Asking the right business intelligence questions
• Business reporting and metrics
Business Requirements Specification
• The visual model use-case approach
• Specifying requirements via use-cases
• Distilling recurring functionality
• Forming test cases from use-cases
• Managing requirements
Business Requirements Management
• Applying analysis to new development,
modifications and commercial products
• Utilizing agile, rapid and iterative analysis
• Leveraging analysis via reference models
• Getting started Monday morning
Who Should Attend?
Inteq's Business Systems Analysis training course is designed for Business Analysts, Systems Analysts, Project Managers, IT Professionals, Subject Matter Experts and Business Users actively involved in discovering, analyzing and specifying business and user requirements.
Inteq's Business Systems Analysis training course provides a comprehensive and cohesive approach to systems analysis regardless of background and level of experience.
Business Systems Analysis is designed as a precursor to and seamlessly integrates with Inteq’s Business Process Management, Agile Business Analysis and Logical Data Modeling training courses.
Live Virtual classroom: 3 Sessions
On-site at Your Location: 2 Days
All learning options are instructor lead and conducted live - across all learning options based on Inteq’s acclaimed MoDA/SMART™ method.
$1,495 per participant
Early Bird Tuition: $1,295 per participant
Multi-Class Tuition: $1,295 per participant
Alumni Tuition: $1,295 per participant
Irvine Traditional Classroom
December 9-11: Live Virtual Classroom
January 20-22: Live Virtual Classroom
February 17-19: Live Virtual Classroom
April 14-16: Live Virtual Classroom
Class Registration | Tuition Option Info | Complete Schedule | Dates & Locations Tuition Packages | On-Site Training